Saturday, August 27, 2011

John 10. Jesus Is The Great Shepherd. One our Foundational Chapters


John 10:1:

Truly, truly, I say to you, he who does not enter the sheepfold by the door but climbs in by another way, that man is a thief and a robber.
John 10:2:
But he who enters by the door is the shepherd of the sheep.
John 10:3:
To him the gatekeeper opens. The sheep hear his voice, and he calls his own sheep by name and leads them out.
John 10:4:
When he has brought out all his own, he goes before them, and the sheep follow him, for they know his voice.
John 10:5:
A stranger they will not follow, but they will flee from him, for they do not know the voice of strangers.
John 10:6:
This figure of speech Jesus used with them, but they did not understand what he was saying to them.


John 10:7:
So Jesus again said to them, Truly, truly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep.
John 10:8:
All who came before me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not listen to them.
John 10:9:
I am the door. If anyone enters by me, he will be saved and will go in and out and find pasture.
John 10:10:
The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have life and have it abundantly.
John 10:11:
I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep.
John 10:12:
He who is a hired hand and not a shepherd, who does not own the sheep, sees the wolf coming and leaves the sheep and flees, and the wolf snatches them and scatters them.
John 10:13:
He flees because he is a hired hand and cares nothing for the sheep.
John 10:14:
I am the good shepherd. I know my own and my own know me,
John 10:15:
just as the Father knows me and I know the Father; and I lay down my life for the sheep.
John 10:16:
And I have other sheep that are not of this fold. I must bring them also, and they will listen to my voice. So there will be one flock, one shepherd.
John 10:17:
For this reason the Father loves me, because I lay down my life that I may take it up again.
John 10:18:
No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down, and I have authority to take it up again. This charge I have received from my Father.


John 10:19:
There was again a division among the Jews because of these words.
John 10:20:
Many of them said, He has a demon, and is insane; why listen to him?
John 10:21:
Others said, These are not the words of one who is oppressed by a demon. Can a demon open the eyes of the blind?


John 10:22:
At that time the Feast of Dedication took place at Jerusalem. It was winter,
John 10:23:
and Jesus was walking in the temple, in the colonnade of Solomon.
John 10:24:
So the Jews gathered around him and said to him, How long will you keep us in suspense? If you are the Christ, tell us plainly.
John 10:25:
Jesus answered them, I told you, and you do not believe. The works that I do in my Father's name bear witness about me,
John 10:26:
but you do not believe because you are not part of my flock.
John 10:27:
My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me.
John 10:28:
I give them eternal life, and they will never perish, and no one will snatch them out of my hand.
John 10:29:
My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all, and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father's hand.
John 10:30:
I and the Father are one.


John 10:31:
The Jews picked up stones again to stone him.
John 10:32:
Jesus answered them, I have shown you many good works from the Father; for which of them are you going to stone me?
John 10:33:
The Jews answered him, It is not for a good work that we are going to stone you but for blasphemy, because you, being a man, make yourself God.
John 10:34:
Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your Law, I said, you are gods?
John 10:35:
If he called them gods to whom the word of God came—and Scripture cannot be broken—
John 10:36:
do you say of him whom the Father consecrated and sent into the world, You are blaspheming, because I said, I am the Son of God?
John 10:37:
If I am not doing the works of my Father, then do not believe me;
John 10:38:
but if I do them, even though you do not believe me, believe the works, that you may know and understand that the Father is in me and I am in the Father.
John 10:39:
Again they sought to arrest him, but he escaped from their hands.


John 10:40:
He went away again across the Jordan to the place where John had been baptizing at first, and there he remained.
John 10:41:
And many came to him. And they said, John did no sign, but everything that John said about this man was true.
John 10:42:
And many believed in him there.

No comments:

Post a Comment


YouVersion


About COD-NTF

The Church of the Open Door - New Testament Fellowship

Founded July 10 2011

Revelation 3:20-22

20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.

22 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

King James Version

Our Pastors/Shepherds, Under The Great Shepherd

Founding Pastor Seth Harden (COD-NTF)

Assisting Pastor Jayson Thurston (UCMI)

Our Founding verses are Revelation 3:20-22,

and Revelation 4:1

Our Founding Chapters are John 1, 3, 10, and 15.

and 1st Corinthians 12, 13, 14, and 15.


Our Founding Psalms are, Psalm 23, Psalm 27,

Psalm 68, and Psalm 91.

The Church of the Open Door is built on two core understandings.

Based on The Two Great Commandments - Matthew 22:37-40

1.The Truth, Power, Love and Salvation given through Jesus Christ.

2. The Need to Fellowship and welcome others with the Gospel and the Love of God.

WE ARE AND WILL ALWAYS BE A SEEKER FRIENDLY CHURCH

We Believe the one and only way to be right with God, receive Salvation and enter the Kingdom of Heaven is through Jesus Christ.

We Believe in the Ongoing Work, Gifts, Fruit and Power of the Holy Spirit through His Church in Christ Jesus.

We Believe in sharing the Gospel in both word and deed.

We believe in the power of Prayer.

We believe the Word of God is Living, Perfect and True.

We support and welcome groups like The Christian Motor Cyclist Association, Extended Hands,The Boy scouts and Girl scouts of America, Celebrate Recovery, Alcohol and Narcotics anonymous.

We believe and practice holy communion according to the scriptures.

We believe and take part in believers water baptism.

We are those who have or desire to read the New Testament and fully believe it, as well as the rest of God's Holy Word, The Bible.

We are New Testament Believers.

We Welcome You!








The Church of the Open Door is built on Two Core Understandings.

1.The Truth, Power, Love and Salvation given through Jesus Christ.

2. The Need to Fellowship with Him, and welcome others with the Gospel and the Love of God.

These are based on “The Two Great Commandments”

Matthew 22:37-40 - King James Version

“ The Two Great Commandments”

37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind."

38 This is the first and great commandment."

39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself."

40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets."

Apostles' Creed

Apostles' Creed

I believe in God, the Father almighty,

creator of heaven and earth.

I believe in Jesus Christ, his only Son, our Lord,

who was conceived by the Holy Spirit

and born of the virgin Mary.

He suffered under Pontius Pilate,

was crucified, died, and was buried;

he descended to hell.

The third day he rose again from the dead.

He ascended to heaven

and is seated at the right hand of God the Father almighty.

From there he will come to judge the living and the dead.

I believe in the Holy Spirit,

the holy catholic* church,

the communion of saints,

the forgiveness of sins,

the resurrection of the body,

and the life everlasting. Amen.

*that is, the true Christian church of all times and all places

__________

This creed is called the Apostles' Creed not because it was produced by the

apostles themselves but because it contains a brief summary of their

teachings. It sets forth their doctrine "in sublime simplicity, in

unsurpassable brevity, in beautiful order, and with liturgical solemnity." In

its present form it is dated no later than the fourth century. More than any

other Christian creed, it may justly be called an ecumenical symbol of faith.

This translation of the Latin text was approved by the CRC Synod of 1988.

?