Thursday, August 18, 2011

Our Four Foundational Psalms

psalm 23

1 The Lord is my Ps. 78:52; 80:1; Isa. 40:11; Jer. 31:10; Ezek. 34:11, 12, 23; John 10:11; Heb. 13:20; 1 Pet. 2:25; 5:4 shepherd; I shall not Ps. 34:9, 10; [Matt. 6:33] want.
2 He makes me lie down in green Ezek. 34:14; John 10:9 pastures.
He leads me beside still waters. 1
3 He Ps. 19:7 restores my soul.
He Ps. 5:8; 31:3; 139:10, 24; 143:10; Isa. 40:11; 49:10 leads me in Prov. 4:11; 8:20 paths of righteousness 1
for his Ps. 25:11; 31:3; 79:9; 109:21; Ezek. 20:9, 14 name's sake.
4 Even though I Ps. 138:7 walk through the valley of See Job 3:5 the shadow of death, 1
I will Ps. 3:6; 27:1, 3; 118:6 fear no evil,
for Ex. 3:12; Isa. 43:2 you are with me;
your Mic. 7:14 rod and your staff,
they comfort me.
5 You Ps. 78:19; [Prov. 9:2; John 6:51]; See 2 Sam. 17:27-29 prepare a table before me
in [Ps. 31:19] the presence of my enemies;
you Ps. 45:7; 133:2; Luke 7:46; [Ps. 92:10] anoint my head with oil;
my Ps. 16:5 cup overflows.
6 Surely 1 goodness and mercy 2 shall follow me
all the days of my life,
and I shall Ps. 27:4 dwell 3 in the house of the Lord
Ps. 21:4 forever. 4



psalm 91

Psalms 91:1:
He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High
will abide in the shadow of the Almighty.

Psalms 91:2:
I will say to the LORD, My refuge and my fortress,
my God, in whom I trust.

Psalms 91:3:
For he will deliver you from the snare of the fowler
and from the deadly pestilence.

Psalms 91:4:
He will cover you with his pinions,
and under his wings you will find refuge;
his faithfulness is a shield and buckler.

Psalms 91:5:
You will not fear the terror of the night,
nor the arrow that flies by day,

Psalms 91:6:
nor the pestilence that stalks in darkness,
nor the destruction that wastes at noonday.

Psalms 91:7:
A thousand may fall at your side,
ten thousand at your right hand,
but it will not come near you.

Psalms 91:8:
You will only look with your eyes
and see the recompense of the wicked.

Psalms 91:9:
Because you have made the LORD your dwelling place—
the Most High, who is my refuge—

Psalms 91:10:
no evil shall be allowed to befall you,
no plague come near your tent.

Psalms 91:11:
For he will command his angels concerning you
to guard you in all your ways.

Psalms 91:12:
On their hands they will bear you up,
lest you strike your foot against a stone.

Psalms 91:13:
You will tread on the lion and the adder;
the young lion and the serpent you will trample underfoot.

Psalms 91:14:
Because he holds fast to me in love, I will deliver him;
I will protect him, because he knows my name.

Psalms 91:15:
When he calls to me, I will answer him;
I will be with him in trouble;
I will rescue him and honor him.

Psalms 91:16:
With long life I will satisfy him
and show him my salvation.


psalm 27

1 The Lord is my Isa. 60:20; Mic. 7:8; [Ps. 84:11] light and my Ps. 118:14; Ex. 15:2; Isa. 12:2; 62:11 salvation;
See Ps. 23:4 whom shall I fear?
The Lord is the stronghold 1 of my life;
of whom shall I be afraid?
2 When evildoers assail me
to Ps. 14:4 eat up my flesh,
my adversaries and foes,
it is they who stumble and fall.
3 Ps. 3:6 Though an army encamp against me,
my heart shall not fear;
though war arise against me,
yet 1 I will be confident.
4 [Ps. 26:8; 84:1, 2] One thing have I asked of the Lord,
that will I seek after:
that I may Ps. 23:6; 65:4; [Luke 2:37] dwell in the house of the Lord
all the days of my life,
to gaze upon Ps. 90:17 the beauty of the Lord
and to inquire 1 in his temple.
5 For he will Ps. 31:20; [Ps. 91:1; Job 5:21; Isa. 4:6] hide me in his shelter
in the day of trouble;
he will conceal me under the cover of his tent;
he will Ps. 40:2 lift me high upon a rock.
6 And now my Ps. 3:3 head shall be lifted up
above my enemies all around me,
and I will offer in his tent
sacrifices with shouts of [Num. 10:10] joy;
Eph. 5:19; Col. 3:16 I will sing and make melody to the Lord.
7 Ps. 30:10 Hear, O Lord, when I cry aloud;
be gracious to me and answer me!
8 You have said, Ps. 24:6; 105:4 “Seek 1 my face.”
My heart says to you,
“Your face, Lord, do I seek.” 2
9 Ps. 69:17; 102:2; 143:7 Hide not your face from me.
Turn not your servant away in anger,
O you who have been my help.
Cast me not off; forsake me not,
See Ps. 24:5 O God of my salvation!
10 For [Isa. 49:15; 63:16] my father and my mother have forsaken me,
but the Lord will [Isa. 40:11] take me in.
11 See Ps. 25:4 Teach me your way, O Lord,
and lead me on [Ps. 5:8] a level path
because of my enemies.
12 Ps. 41:2 Give me not up to the will of my adversaries;
for Ps. 35:11; [1 Kgs. 21:13; Matt. 26:59, 60; Mark 14:55, 56] false witnesses have risen against me,
and they Acts 9:1 breathe out violence.
13 I believe 1 that I shall look upon Ex. 33:19 the goodness of the Lord
in Ps. 52:5; 116:9; 142:5; Job 28:13 the land of the living!
14 Ps. 37:34; 62:5; Prov. 20:22 Wait for the Lord;
Ps. 31:24; Deut. 31:7; Josh. 1:6, 9, 18 be strong, and let your heart take courage;
wait for the Lord!





psalm 68

Psalms 68:1:
God shall arise, his enemies shall be scattered;
and those who hate him shall flee before him!

Psalms 68:2:
As smoke is driven away, so you shall drive them away;
as wax melts before fire,
so the wicked shall perish before God!

Psalms 68:3:
But the righteous shall be glad;
they shall exult before God;
they shall be jubilant with joy!

Psalms 68:4:
Sing to God, sing praises to his name;
lift up a song to him who rides through the deserts;
his name is the LORD;
exult before him!

Psalms 68:5:
Father of the fatherless and protector of widows
is God in his holy habitation.

Psalms 68:6:
God settles the solitary in a home;
he leads out the prisoners to prosperity,
but the rebellious dwell in a parched land.

Psalms 68:7:
O God, when you went out before your people,
when you marched through the wilderness, Selah

Psalms 68:8:
the earth quaked, the heavens poured down rain,
before God, the One of Sinai,
before God, the God of Israel.

Psalms 68:9:
Rain in abundance, O God, you shed abroad;
you restored your inheritance as it languished;

Psalms 68:10:
your flock found a dwelling in it;
in your goodness, O God, you provided for the needy.

Psalms 68:11:
The Lord gives the word;
the women who announce the news are a great host:

Psalms 68:12:
The kings of the armies—they flee, they flee!
The women at home divide the spoil—

Psalms 68:13:
though you men lie among the sheepfolds—
the wings of a dove covered with silver,
its pinions with shimmering gold.

Psalms 68:14:
When the Almighty scatters kings there,
let snow fall on Zalmon.

Psalms 68:15:
O mountain of God, mountain of Bashan;
O many-peaked mountain, mountain of Bashan!

Psalms 68:16:
Why do you look with hatred, O many-peaked mountain,
at the mount that God desired for his abode,
yes, where the LORD will dwell forever?

Psalms 68:17:
The chariots of God are twice ten thousand,
thousands upon thousands;
the Lord is among them; Sinai is now in the sanctuary.

Psalms 68:18:
You ascended on high,
leading a host of captives in your train
and receiving gifts among men,
even among the rebellious, that the LORD God may dwell there.

Psalms 68:19:
Blessed be the Lord,
who daily bears us up;
God is our salvation. Selah

Psalms 68:20:
Our God is a God of salvation,
and to GOD, the Lord, belong deliverances from death.

Psalms 68:21:
But God will strike the heads of his enemies,
the hairy crown of him who walks in his guilty ways.

Psalms 68:22:
The Lord said,
I will bring them back from Bashan,
I will bring them back from the depths of the sea,

Psalms 68:23:
that you may strike your feet in their blood,
that the tongues of your dogs may have their portion from the foe.

Psalms 68:24:
Your procession is seen, O God,
the procession of my God, my King, into the sanctuary—

Psalms 68:25:
the singers in front, the musicians last,
between them virgins playing tambourines:

Psalms 68:26:
Bless God in the great congregation,
the LORD, O you who are of Israel's fountain!

Psalms 68:27:
There is Benjamin, the least of them, in the lead,
the princes of Judah in their throng,
the princes of Zebulun, the princes of Naphtali.

Psalms 68:28:
Summon your power, O God,
the power, O God, by which you have worked for us.

Psalms 68:29:
Because of your temple at Jerusalem
kings shall bear gifts to you.

Psalms 68:30:
Rebuke the beasts that dwell among the reeds,
the herd of bulls with the calves of the peoples.
Trample underfoot those who lust after tribute;
scatter the peoples who delight in war.

Psalms 68:31:
Nobles shall come from Egypt;
Cush shall hasten to stretch out her hands to God.

Psalms 68:32:
O kingdoms of the earth, sing to God;
sing praises to the Lord, Selah

Psalms 68:33:
to him who rides in the heavens, the ancient heavens;
behold, he sends out his voice, his mighty voice.

Psalms 68:34:
Ascribe power to God,
whose majesty is over Israel,
and whose power is in the skies.

Psalms 68:35:
Awesome is God from his sanctuary;
the God of Israel—he is the one who gives power and strength to his people.
Blessed be God!

No comments:

Post a Comment


YouVersion


About COD-NTF

The Church of the Open Door - New Testament Fellowship

Founded July 10 2011

Revelation 3:20-22

20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.

22 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

King James Version

Our Pastors/Shepherds, Under The Great Shepherd

Founding Pastor Seth Harden (COD-NTF)

Assisting Pastor Jayson Thurston (UCMI)

Our Founding verses are Revelation 3:20-22,

and Revelation 4:1

Our Founding Chapters are John 1, 3, 10, and 15.

and 1st Corinthians 12, 13, 14, and 15.


Our Founding Psalms are, Psalm 23, Psalm 27,

Psalm 68, and Psalm 91.

The Church of the Open Door is built on two core understandings.

Based on The Two Great Commandments - Matthew 22:37-40

1.The Truth, Power, Love and Salvation given through Jesus Christ.

2. The Need to Fellowship and welcome others with the Gospel and the Love of God.

WE ARE AND WILL ALWAYS BE A SEEKER FRIENDLY CHURCH

We Believe the one and only way to be right with God, receive Salvation and enter the Kingdom of Heaven is through Jesus Christ.

We Believe in the Ongoing Work, Gifts, Fruit and Power of the Holy Spirit through His Church in Christ Jesus.

We Believe in sharing the Gospel in both word and deed.

We believe in the power of Prayer.

We believe the Word of God is Living, Perfect and True.

We support and welcome groups like The Christian Motor Cyclist Association, Extended Hands,The Boy scouts and Girl scouts of America, Celebrate Recovery, Alcohol and Narcotics anonymous.

We believe and practice holy communion according to the scriptures.

We believe and take part in believers water baptism.

We are those who have or desire to read the New Testament and fully believe it, as well as the rest of God's Holy Word, The Bible.

We are New Testament Believers.

We Welcome You!








The Church of the Open Door is built on Two Core Understandings.

1.The Truth, Power, Love and Salvation given through Jesus Christ.

2. The Need to Fellowship with Him, and welcome others with the Gospel and the Love of God.

These are based on “The Two Great Commandments”

Matthew 22:37-40 - King James Version

“ The Two Great Commandments”

37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind."

38 This is the first and great commandment."

39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself."

40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets."

Apostles' Creed

Apostles' Creed

I believe in God, the Father almighty,

creator of heaven and earth.

I believe in Jesus Christ, his only Son, our Lord,

who was conceived by the Holy Spirit

and born of the virgin Mary.

He suffered under Pontius Pilate,

was crucified, died, and was buried;

he descended to hell.

The third day he rose again from the dead.

He ascended to heaven

and is seated at the right hand of God the Father almighty.

From there he will come to judge the living and the dead.

I believe in the Holy Spirit,

the holy catholic* church,

the communion of saints,

the forgiveness of sins,

the resurrection of the body,

and the life everlasting. Amen.

*that is, the true Christian church of all times and all places

__________

This creed is called the Apostles' Creed not because it was produced by the

apostles themselves but because it contains a brief summary of their

teachings. It sets forth their doctrine "in sublime simplicity, in

unsurpassable brevity, in beautiful order, and with liturgical solemnity." In

its present form it is dated no later than the fourth century. More than any

other Christian creed, it may justly be called an ecumenical symbol of faith.

This translation of the Latin text was approved by the CRC Synod of 1988.

?